Palau Liveaboard Hotel Suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Headed to Palau for a Peter Hughes liveaboard in July and need to find a hotel for when we arrive and when we depart. Flight arrives at 10:00p and we get off the boat at 8:00a on the day we depart, but we don't get on the plane until 2:30a. So, looking for a hotel that will work with us on these crazy flight schedules. Seems like everyone wants to gouge us on the $$$ for late check out/early check in. Surprised that Peter Hughes/Aggressor do not have something worked out for this already. Kind of disappointing.... Was trying to stay at the Palau Pacific and then looked at the Palau Royal, but they both want to charge 50%-100% extra for the late check in/check out.

Appreciate any help.

HI,
There are a number of hotels that you might consider, but not the quality of PRR or PPR. The Sea Passion or West Plaza hotels are much lower. Of the two, the Sea Passion is better.

You might also consider asking for a price for the hotel room here. Thev've got some very good prices.

Headed to Palau for a Peter Hughes liveaboard in July and need to find a hotel for when we arrive and when we depart. Flight arrives at 10:00p and we get off the boat at 8:00a on the day we depart, but we don't get on the plane until 2:30a. So, looking for a hotel that will work with us on these crazy flight schedules. Seems like everyone wants to gouge us on the $$$ for late check out/early check in. Surprised that Peter Hughes/Aggressor do not have something worked out for this already. Kind of disappointing.... Was trying to stay at the Palau Pacific and then looked at the Palau Royal, but they both want to charge 50%-100% extra for the late check in/check out.

Appreciate any help.

Hi, I also have the same flight leaving Palau in September, and was wondering what you ended up doing and if you have any recommendations?

Thanks

I had two nights before a liveaboard trip, and stayed at Caroline's Resort. Very neat huts and jungle views, access to PPR facilities via a 15 minute walk. Town is too far to walk to, but the town didn't hold much appeal to me.

We ended up staying at Palau Pacific Resort on the way in and Palau Royal Resort on the way out. Worked out the details regarding late check out/early check in with Visa Signature Concierge and hotels. Thought everything was settled... Had no problems at PPR, but Royal Resort did not have any record of early check in request and wanted to charge 50% additional. I was ready to head over to PPR and they seemed happy to have us leave, but my wife wanted to haggle and spoke with the manager and got us the room after a long wait. People at PPR were very friendly, people at PRR not so friendly. Obviously, I would recommend PPR. It is a nicer facility and much nicer people, though a little more expensive. The only positive to PRR is that it is VERY close to the Aggressor and Peter Hughes boats. You can walk over to the boats from PRR and vice-versa. Have fun, it is a great trip...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom