Palantic Xtreme single tank S/S BPW w 40 LB wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deepsea5

Former Public Safety Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been offered a brand new Palantic Xtreme BP/W setup. Comes with 3 mil stainless steel backplate, harness with crotch strap, 2 tank bands and a 40 pound donut wing. The 40 pound wing seems like overkill for my use, but I can buy this set for $250.00 (brand new in box).

I'm not familiar with Palantic. Is it a good brand, or one to steer clear from?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

There's almost no info out there on Palantic. I wouldn't risk it. Especially since the wing isn't the right size for you. Even if it does work ok, you'll eventually buy a different wing anyway, so the "savings" will turn into a loss.

Is that the one with the simple continuous webbing? The "deluxe" version is a noodley cluster-****.

There's almost no info out there on Palantic. I wouldn't risk it. Especially since the wing isn't the right size for you. Even if it does work ok, you'll eventually buy a different wing anyway, so the "savings" will turn into a loss.

That's my concern. I've been looking at the DGX BP/W setup for $100.00 more. The $250.00 price tag of the complete Palantic rig snapped me to attention.
Being a Practitioner of Skinflint SCUBA Diving is my curse. LOL

Is that the one with the simple continuous webbing? The "deluxe" version is a noodley cluster-****.
The seller told me it is 2" continuous webbing, with no padding.

If its really a single-tank wing, you could use a larger single tank if you wanted to. If it looks like the bladder is outside of/ ie, surrounding the plate, then Its a doubles wing.............. which would suck with a single tank.

I ordered some Palantic accessories out of curiosity.

The items were made out of inferior material, had poor construction and design.

You can clearly tell the difference when put against another manufacturer like us made diverite or italian made mares, or polish made xdeep.

I ordered some Palantic accessories out of curiosity.

The items were made out of inferior material, had poor construction and design.

You can clearly tell the difference when put against another manufacturer like us made diverite or italian made mares, or polish made xdeep.
Thanks for the heads up!

I suspected that would be the case. I think I'll pass on the Palantic "deal".
I'll most likely end up either buying the DGX package, piecemealing something together or wait patiently for a good deal on something made by DiveRite, Mares, XDeep and other name brands.

I cannot say anything about the Palantic wing but I've seen and handle the SS plate and webbing and believe it or not, it's solid. Think about it, the plate is SS how do you suppose to break it? and the webbing is the same 2in used in all types of BP/Wing setup you see at the stores or online. I personally would but it for that price however, I can not say anything about the wing. Unless you are caught up by brand names or you are a snobby (with respect) then yes, go for brand names but I think the consumers has been tricked by the industry as SS and cordura should not be that expensive. IMO, strictly.

Back
Top Bottom