Palancar Pier Access

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gopbroek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Morecowbells, in the ‘April roll call’ thread mentioned: During surface interval we went to the concrete pier down south. We were not allowed to step onto pier(per some guy chasing dive boats away). I guess this is something new’, which seemed odd.

I spoke with my LDS and beginning yesterday there were folks ‘improving’ the jungle area at the head of the pier and were demanding a $200 MXN dock fee to tie up to the pier for a SI. Scratch SI’s at the Palancar pier off your Cozumel experience if this holds up. Looks like one of the more enjoyable aspects of diving in Cozumel just got screwed up.

P1030946-e1386430748782.jpg

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

That sucks. Every time my dive boat approaches I'm looking to see which other ops have boats there so I can spend a bit of time with all the friends in the business or that I've met thru diving with them over the years. It's a great place for reunions.

I usually stay on the boat in the shade when we land there... Although one of the DMs from DWM recognized me last trip lol

Ok. So can the boats still tie on or does that have a fee as well. I have no problem jumping in the water to access the shore.

Well that's sad. I liked running into ops I had dove with before and wanted to say hello to. (Though usually I just sat on the boat or floated in the water.) It would be a lot less interesting for all the boats to have to float around on their own and not interact.

But I guess if the land owner wants to improve the property they have to pay for it somehow.

Is the 200 per boat or per person? That seems like a lot per person.

I am Ok with it, if it means that we will pull up and anchor a little bit north of that pier, which allows access to real bathrooms at that Day Beach/Bar/Restaurant/Pool place that I can never remember the name of. My last trip we did half of our SI's there and 1/2 at the pier. You can actually walk up there from the pier if you want to. Lots of the ops were doing that, so still had opportunity to connect with other ops and people.

So, pay the fee to park @ pier....

Question: Do the boats that are double parked like a Texas lake party cove tie up have to pay since they're not technically parked at the pier? Or do they get a discount? :D :D :D :D

Ask the pier attendant to see their concession papers and demand a factura for the payment.

Back
Top Bottom