Pairing a Cyklon 5000 with a 3960 first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I have found yet another Poseidon 2nd hand deal and I would have gone for it by now but there is just one question I have regarding it.

@tbone1004 Thoughts on this?

As the title says, there is a Cyklon 5000 for sale but it is paired with the 3960 Jetstream first stage. Due to the unique pressures of Poseidon regulators, I do not know if this would pose a problem or not. From what I think I know, a Jetstream 2nd stage cannot be paired with the Cyklon 3950 first stage. But can a Cyklon 2nd stage be paired with a Jetstream first stage? I believe it has something to do with a particular O-ring.

I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks

IMG-20190830-WA0020.jpg

@Chase Kaplan to my knowledge, all Poseidon first stages are capable of performing in the 120-170psi range required by their second stages. The 3960 second stage will have an extra o-ring to increase flow to the Jetstream second stage, but if it has been serviced by anyone since it came from the factory it will likely have it in there. After that, it is just about making sure the IP is set correctly which is a 10 second exercise with an IP gauge which all divers should have anyway.

@Chase Kaplan to my knowledge, all Poseidon first stages are capable of performing in the 120-170psi range required by their second stages. The 3960 second stage will have an extra o-ring to increase flow to the Jetstream second stage, but if it has been serviced by anyone since it came from the factory it will likely have it in there. After that, it is just about making sure the IP is set correctly which is a 10 second exercise with an IP gauge which all divers should have anyway.
So it would be as simple as the Poseidon technician simply taking out that O-ring (if it's still there) and then it is the same as any Cyklon 3950 1st stage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom