Paintings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

konajc

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha,

I've added a painting I hope you'll like. You may be able to tell I really like turtles. They often seem to want to interact with us when we're diving. I've had them swim up under me and rub their shells against me. What a treat. So I tried to depict their playfull nature here.

I never tire of panting them.
This is a large painting and in the process of going from canvas to website the colors got a little intense, but I think it's still a fun image.

---John---

Please let me know if I'm posting these images too large. J.
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3223/password//sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Aloha John!
First of all....There is no such thing as too large :D...:wink:
Second, beautiful painting! I think you achieved just what you set out to do...It looks like a turtle playground.
Thanks for sharing!
Aloha,
Lisa

Beautiful. I really like underwater paintings. My favorites are paintings of WW II aircraft wrecks by Randall Scott. I own a print of "Just Short of Dover", a P-51 on the bottom of the English Channel. It rests over my mantle in my Family Room. My Family Room is decorated in "Early Aviation". This print has both of my most beloved past times, Diving and Flying.

Gee, I'm sorry I'm responding to your post so late. Playing too much I guess. I like Aviation art work too. I've seen works like you described but I'm not sure they were Randall Scott's.

I'm also a pilot. I have a Piper Cherokee that we fly to all the Islands here. Flying,Diving, and Sailing what more do you need?! (Ok, surfing..)

---John---

DennisW:
Beautiful. I really like underwater paintings. My favorites are paintings of WW II aircraft wrecks by Randall Scott. I own a print of "Just Short of Dover", a P-51 on the bottom of the English Channel. It rests over my mantle in my Family Room. My Family Room is decorated in "Early Aviation". This print has both of my most beloved past times, Diving and Flying.

jkennedy:
WOW! Great paintings. Do you sell them or is this a hobby? ...........Jack

Thanks Jack,

I really appreciate that you, and all that have been so kind to comment, like my paintings. I do sell them. Mostly reproductions. I've been painting a long time,but professionally only about 8 years. Still trying to quit my day job.(LOL). :sigh:

I'll keep postin' em 'till I wear out my welcome.
Aloha,

---John---

John,

I'll be in Kona on the 15th of June. Diving with and staying at Mara's B&B. On the 16th my wife and I will be diving with Dive Makai Charters. If you have some time, I would love to meet with another Scubaboard member while I am in Hawaii.

Here is the link to Randall Scott's web site: http://www.randallscottfineart.com/

From my avatar, you can see that I normally fly my wife's Cardinal. Although I don't fly enough and she will be the first one to let you know. If you would like to get together while we are there, PM me your phone number and I'll call while we are in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom