PADI Training and Adventure for Teens with ActionQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this network and think it's a really great way for divers to connect. I thought I had to put in a thread about how I got my training. I went did my Open Water through Divemaster with a teen summer program called ActionQuest. It was such a fun experience because we were living on boats, learning to sail and dive, and I got the chance to dive in the British Virgin Islands, Australia, and the South Pacific. I worked for them through college and got the opportunity to help train other teens with diving. I think it's a great way to start diving and to advance all the way to professional! The best part is some of my closest friends are still the ones I met diving with AQ 10 years ago!

Seamester is the college program where I completed my Divemaster while we crossed the Pacific - I was actually staff aboard at that point - but the experience of completely my DM in French Polynesia was unbelievable!

Just had to share....

I have gone to ActionQuest each of the past two summers, i completed my advanced OW and DM courses there. Actionquest is a life changing experience that not only teaches you how to dive, but puts you in an amazing environment where you can meet lifelong friends. Living aboard a 46 ft sailboat with 15 others can be challenging, but it is an experience like no other to overcome the challenges of running a boat together. The lifeworks program is another aspect of Actionquest that is a great way to learn about yourself. With follow-up emails through out the year it helps you keep yourself on track with personal goals that you set while at AQ.
To anyone who asks, i will say that my best summer experiences ever were at ActionQuest. I have seen some friends that I made my first year there, and one of them is now my room mate at college. I will never forget my experiences at AQ, simply said... it has changed my life!

DiverDoug

I too have attended Action Quest the past two summers, the first time i went i did my Advanced OW over three weeks.
It was just so much more incredible than i expected! Living aboard a catamoran just made the experiance that much more, I made so many good friends whilst at AQ all of whom i am still in contact with today.
As for the diving, the BVIs is one of the best places to learn. Theres allways something new to see and it has the best of both wrecks and reefs and AQ provides the best staff to teach you.

I enjoyed my first year so much i decided to go back the next summe for two sessions to do my rescue and DM. There isnt any better enviroment to take these courses in, whilst doing resuce we would have scenarious thown at any time of the day!

AQ Got me into diving and i will never forget the time i spent there and hope to go back soon.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom