PADI SideMount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronhend

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering if PADI has a training manual and video to go with their sidemount specialty course??:idk:

I have looked on PADI's website but can't seem to find information about it.:idk:

Thanks,

Ron

Put Another Dollar In... If you want to learn to sidemount don't worry about a book or a certification card, worry about what your actually going to learn. Just my $.02

Put Another Dollar In... If you want to learn to sidemount don't worry about a book or a certification card, worry about what your actually going to learn. Just my $.02

I was hoping I could get a PADI sidemount chevron to put on my drysuit:)

why not? larry got a bubblemaker one to put on his fusion skin...

I was wondering if PADI has a training manual and video to go with their sidemount specialty course??:idk:

I have looked on PADI's website but can't seem to find information about it.:idk:

Thanks,

Ron

PADI does not have a manual or video. However, IANTD does have a manual.

A good sidemount course can help someone new to it fast forward through the first 3-4 dozen dives of tweaking in just 2 days. I just taught an IANTD sidemount course this weekend and had my student trimmed out and doing valve drills, bottle drills, and muscle memory drills all weekend. He was sore by Sunday afternoon but he was looking like someone who has done several dozen dives in sidemount, not someone show has only done 4 dives. If you have the time try it yourself. If you would rather dive and skip through the major learning curve, take a course from a good instructor.

ronhend:
I was wondering if PADI has a training manual and video to go with their sidemount specialty course?? ... I have looked on PADI's website but can't seem to find information about it.
Jeff Loflin can answer your questions and provided training if you want.
A very good recommendation! And, there aren't reading materials, etc. for Jeff's course. Much of the learning comes from the course itself, and an almost ongoing dialog with Jeff, who is simply a great repository of knowledge.
As I understand it, the SM is a Distinctive Specialty at this point. As it matures, and becomes more broadly standardized, there will probably be written / video materials developed for it.

I took my PADI sidemount class this past week with Bill Routh of Off the Wall Diving in Lake Jocasse. No manual/video, just a class room review and 4 dives. He did work on the prototype of OMS' sidemount hardware, so if you are interested in that route, it might be worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom