PADI Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenji

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello There,
The LDS my Wife and I have done everything through is SDI/TDI. I have a Nephew who got his PADI Scuba Diver cert at a resort and wishes to get his full Open Water. I am guessing he either has to finish through a PADI shop or start over completely with SDI? Or does SDI recognize the Scuba Diver as half and Open Water cert?
I would personally want him to do it completely again through an LDS here after seeing the "training" the resort actually gave him. He actually did a refresher while we were away a couple of weeks ago and basically stated he learned more in that hour than he did on his resort course.
I really just need to know where to get him a gift card for his Birthday :p
Thanks

Yes, SDI is able to accept referrals from other instructors/Agency's. Contact your store for exact policies regarding their requirements, the most common referral being full OW pool and academic portions covered then open water dives completed by an SDI instructor. However credit "may" be given for the pool and academic portions covered in the Scuba Diver program. Its very likely that the store will have them complete the entire course as it can be logistically difficult and not always beneficial to have a single person "miss" some elements of the SDI OW program. That said......more time in the water is always good. I hope this helps.

Great to know, thanks. I will talk to them and see.

Back
Top Bottom