PADI Open Water Course - Need to do it quickly!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwatt456

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,
I am travelling to Florida to work at a kids summer camp in around 2 weeks time ( probably flying between 5th and 9th June.) The camp requires that I have a PADI Open Water qualification before I arrive, I currently just have PADI Scuba Diver. Does anyone know somewhere/someone who could provide the rest of open water training before I leave? I have made a number of phone calls to local dive schools in the Manchester and West Midlands area but they tend to say I don't have enough time or only dive at weekends etc. The West Midlands or North West would be ideal but I am willing to travel as I am getting desperate!

Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick any 2.

Actually, It's only 2 dives (I think. Scuba Diver came out after I stopped teaching), so that's a days work. It shouldn't be too hard to find a PADI diving center (or centre) near you that can get this done this weekend.

If you were to arrive in FL a couple days before you reported for work you could pick it up in Florida. There are lots of dive ops in Florida. Diving would be nicer also.

The problem you are going to have everywhere I would think is that the instructors tend to have day jobs too. I guess 2 weeks shouldn't be too bad to do the class work plus enclosed dives but you will struggle to get the open water dives in before you fly as you will probably only be able to do them on a weekend, due to instructors having day jobs
Will you have time to do class and enclosed dives here and do a referral to do the open water dives when in Florida?
Where in Florida are you going?

Can I ask as well
a) Why have you left it so late if you knew the job required OW certification?
b) How did you get the job without it, if it's a requirement?
c) Why is it a requirement? It's not as if you'll be any good to teach,guide or help someone as a newly qualified diver yourself

Check some of the local inland sites. Stoney is probably closest to you. If you don't mind travelling a bit far Vobster Quay in Somerset or Wraysbury Dive Centre just outside London can sort you out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom