PADI online update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did maintain my membership for the first two years paid dues and insurance as a non teaching instructor. Then after those two didn’t do anything. I had gotten out of the navy moved to nc and didn’t have much feel on the diving scene. I finally looked into it more cause we are going on a big trip and wanted to get my daughter certified. Then out of the blue got an email from PADI with the offer to get back in teaching status with just an online course. I fighurd it would have been much worse I had been told I would have to get with a cd to get back and that it was about 800. The whole thing cost 500 but that included 18 dues. The online update was easy read the last four years of quarterly updates and do the 2017 online forum and then a 25 question test that was open book. The wala back to teaching status. Now I wonder if it was a one time thing or if they will continue with the program. I am hoping to get back to teaching a bit but I slowed way down really gut befor I got out of the navy and couldn’t justify the cost

Was this because you continued to pay your dues during the 4 years, but you didn't have insurance? I ask because I haven't been doing much teaching and I haven't paid my dues yet for 2018. I was considering just letting it go, but of course the cost later to rejoin the teaching ranks (if the opportunity arises), is a factor in the decision.
This is a very good question, looking forward to answer

Back
Top Bottom