Padi Instructor Gear swap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just curious. With the COVID-19 in full swing... Is PADI or the other agencies still requiring DM and instructor student to perform the gear swap (sharing one regulator)? If so, have they altered it at all?

I'm just curious. With the COVID-19 in full swing... Is PADI or the other agencies still requiring DM and instructor student to perform the gear swap (sharing one regulator)? If so, have they altered it at all?
If you haven't had a chance yet, check out the PADI Pro site and watch the Covid19 Risk Reduction webinars on their training update page. They cover this as well other transmission considerations including skill and prep. My region is EMEA but there's bound to be one for The Americas.

There is no more air-sharing of a single regulator, per Training Bulletin 3Q2020. But the bar stays high; a pass requires neutral buoyancy from start to finish...a single touch of the bottom or the surface fails.

There is no more air-sharing of a single regulator, per Training Bulletin 3Q2020. But the bar stays high; a pass requires neutral buoyancy from start to finish...a dingle touch of the bottom or the surface fails.

I guess I need to go look at the updates - for the DM gear exchange, neutral buoyant thru the whole process? Oh, I gotta go look at it

So you have to do this on your 100th dive? Nekkid? What do the ladies do? Wouldn't cold water make dingle touches less likely? That's kind of an unfair advantage to the northern state people! I'm filing a complaint!
I edited my post. Thanks.
Sure glad it was a typo.

GUE introduced a modified version of the S-drill, I guess you can find it on youtube; but this is for all their courses, not for DM/instructors...

Back
Top Bottom