PADI IDC & IE Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gray125

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

My name is Gray and I am a dive master working abroad on the super yachts.

I am after a bit of advice if anyone is able to help please, it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically I want to further my diving knowledge and experience and do my IDC & IE (Perhaps a MSDT internship if there is a center that offers it and its possible to do within my time frame of say 2-2.5 months for everything as I have to return back to work at some stage)

Please could you give me suggestions on where you would consider to the best place to do this and why ? I am happy to travel anywhere and everywhere. So far Ko Tao in Thailand has been suggested as it is very busy but I know from experience that the diving is not all that great there and I would like the best of both.

I have read up on the Gili Islands and that looks really good so far, opinions ?

I look forward to reading your suggestions

Thanks for the help

Gray

If the US is a possibility for you, Rainbow Reef IDC in Key Largo, FL offers a very enjoyable program that can indeed accomodate your progression to MSDT. Good guys; enthusiastic instructors; dorm lodging on-site.

I am a Master Instructor and just finished auditing Rainbow Reef's IDC and training programs in Key Largo. When I was looking for a program to audit, Rainbow Reef was recommended to me by three different Course Directors in all parts of the U.S., including my sales rep from PADI HQ. All of them were right and I could not say enough good things about them. I like how they treated their candidates. I like the instruction, advice and mentoring they provided. I like their post IDC training program. They train more divers in the US than any other dive center in the region (expect for Sandals and they have eight resorts but I am pretty sure they just do OW and a few lower level courses). So I would think it would be conceivable to do the IDC, IE, MSDT Prep and certified enough divers to make MSDT in about a month or so...but you need to talk with them. I think so much the the course directors at Rainbow Reef I would send my daughter to them for an IDC.

Good luck.

I run IDC at PADI CDC All 4 Diving in Phuket - feel free to email me if you would like further information - gopro@all4diving.com

Hi all

My name is Gray and I am a dive master working abroad on the super yachts.

I am after a bit of advice if anyone is able to help please, it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically I want to further my diving knowledge and experience and do my IDC & IE (Perhaps a MSDT internship if there is a center that offers it and its possible to do within my time frame of say 2-2.5 months for everything as I have to return back to work at some stage)

Please could you give me suggestions on where you would consider to the best place to do this and why ? I am happy to travel anywhere and everywhere. So far Ko Tao in Thailand has been suggested as it is very busy but I know from experience that the diving is not all that great there and I would like the best of both.

I have read up on the Gili Islands and that looks really good so far, opinions ?

I look forward to reading your suggestions

Thanks for the help

Gray

Hi Gray,

We schedule an IDC each month, with an MSDT internship that helps you gain the practical experience. Feel free to check our site www.utiladivecenter.com or email me direct on gopro@utiladivecenter.com for more info.

Hi Gray,

We offer monthly Instructor and MSDT internships here on Roatan, the Bay Islands of Honduras. We have a very busy program with a friendly and professional team to guide you through the courses and training. Our packages are all inclusive and include accommodation, meals, equipment rental and much more! Feel free to contact us at info@subwaywatersports.com for more details and best of luck in your search for the perfect program for you!

Hi @Gray125

My wife and I just returned from a week staying at Turquoise Bay and diving with Subway Watersports. While we were there, we met several DM candidates, a couple of instructor candidates, and one of their instructors. We had a couple DM candidates dive off our boat on two occasions. I was very favorably impressed by the programs and their resources. The resort and the operator are quite busy. The diving was not spectacular, but it was quite good.

Best of luck and good diving,

Craig

Hi Gray,

We schedule an IDC each month, with an MSDT internship that helps you gain the practical experience. Feel free to check our site www.utiladivecenter.com or email me direct on gopro@utiladivecenter.com for more info.
I did my Divemaster program with Utila Dive Center and I watched their IDC as I did my DM program. I was very impressed with their school as well.

If you are looking for something in Honduras...Andy's program is by far one the the premier programs in the world. This is evident by how often in the industry you see Andy's name pop up.

Back
Top Bottom