PADI Divemaster looking for job in Australia or Tasmania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karli

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, im a newly qualified DM looking for work in any type of dive industry, i.e. dive company, resort, live aboard etc. Iv also got underwater photography experience and sailing experience.Available immediately.

Hi Mate

Sorry cannot offer you a Job as I am only a Instructor , But here in QLD most dive centres will not offer paid Employment to DM's as most of them will work for free here (bit like slave labour) and then if there is a Job usually it's from a DM who did the course with that dive shop.
I do Know a few DM working but they get max $50 a Day ( less than $5 hr - I still don't know how this is legal) even Instructors only get $100-$120 for 10-12 hr day $10-$12 hr under the legal min but the dive shops get away with all this as only employ casual and have always more Dm's than they need.
I suggest you just get List of all the Dive centres in a Area you would like to work and email them That usually is the best way , as if someone left recently (dive industry has a Quick staff turnover) you might get something, Couple places in Cairns/Whitsundays is always looking for a DM to take photos of customers then sell. No salary but commission usually.
Otherwise Non tourist areas usually only have work on Weekends - Always a good way to get experience, pester your local Shop for anything going even if only sitting in the shop or filling tanks as once you have your foot in the door that Helps , Otherwise Online Jobs (PADI website pretty good if you are PADI)
best of luck
Mark

Back
Top Bottom