PADI certification Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look up the thread about 100% Nitrox.... that should clear it all up.

I'm guessing here, but I think it goes back to the fact that Nitrox is a specialty certification, not a "level".

I don't think it actually matters mgmonk. I just checked out my c-cards and they are exactly the same. Both AOW c-card and the Nitrox certification. I don't know... I tend to believe that PADI changes its card designs from time to time that's all. Plus they both write OWSI in front of my instructor's number...

DevonDiver: Holy light-sabres Luke. We need to re-certify as members of the Force (with the correct number and letter designations on our cert cards).

That would be "G"

I don't think it actually matters mgmonk. I just checked out my c-cards and they are exactly the same. Both AOW c-card and the Nitrox certification. I don't know... I tend to believe that PADI changes its card designs from time to time that's all. Plus they both write OWSI in front of my instructor's number...

Guess I got the Willy Wonka gold card

Mine got fishies on em with gold lettering. Hard as hell to read and see what they say. But I did get two nitrox cards after they lost my first AOW one. So I guess they figured two Nitrox, which make me good to 80%, is as good as an AOW card.

DevonDiver: Holy light-sabres Luke. We need to re-certify as members of the Force (with the correct number and letter designations on our cert cards).

I believe that Dan Brown's next conspiracy thriller focuses on the mixed-gas diving community... It's called 'The Trimix Algorythm'. Robert Langon does a nitrox course on vacation and accidentally stumbles into a shadowy and secretive organisation. This organisation comprises powerful alchemists who guard the ancient and hidden formulae of magical gases ....

What planet were you on when you did your Nitrox cert. That might be part of the problem.

:dork2:

there is a lot of variety in the cards issued by PADI, I have five different styles!

1: the old grey face (and even then two different versions - my original Open Water cert doesn't even have french on it!)

2: MSD is gold

3: Dry suit & Nitrox specialties are gold with a reef picture

4: Gas Blender is a carbon fibre finish

5: All my cards from DM up to MSDT are black with a pic of a diver on the front. (I tell people that's me!)

Yup, theres a fair amount of variety. I guess the only thing that really matters is that when you show the card nobody disputes its validity!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom