PADI Cert Card Delays per Covid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All - It’s a pleasure to be a part of this diving community. I was certified (PADI) via a dive sho and dives in Lake Mead area in 1999/2000. I recently completed a recertification course with my BF on Lake Mojave (Aug 2020).

The dive instructor (Jerry Portwood) confirmed that he sent all of our material out to PADI to receive our certification cards.
However...a month + later PADI has no record of our certification ...

if anyone has any further insights on the possible delays with receiving certification cards ...I would be most appreciative:)

I would ask the instructor to do a follow up or re send. I have not seen any cert delays because of covid.

There have been some delays with the USPS. I'm curious why you needed to recertify though? Redoing the course to sharpen your skills makes sense, but your original cert should still be valid.

Hi All - It’s a pleasure to be a part of this diving community. I was certified (PADI) via a dive sho and dives in Lake Mead area in 1999/2000. I recently completed a recertification course with my BF on Lake Mojave (Aug 2020).

The dive instructor (Jerry Portwood) confirmed that he sent all of our material out to PADI to receive our certification cards.
However...a month + later PADI has no record of our certification ...

if anyone has any further insights on the possible delays with receiving certification cards ...I would be most appreciative:)
Some things are not quite right with this post. There is no PADI recertification course...perhaps a refresher? The instructor was very unlikely to have sent anything to PADI; everything is done online these days.

The LDS in Chicago that I did my AOW and Drysuit courses with said some of their Open Water Students experienced delays in getting their physical cards of 6+ weeks.
But I got my physical cards for Advanced Open Water and Drysuit in about 10 days.

It took a little over a week to receive by cert card from PADI when I did my Rescue a couple of months ago.

I submitted a PADI Tec45 diver certification yesterday via the Online Processing Center. My student received a "Temporary" cert card via e-mail in less than 15 minutes after I submitted the forms.

Thank you everyone for the heads-up on your experiences with receiving PADI cards.
It ends up that my earlier certification was via SSI. I was able to locate the details on that certification this last week.
Re why the refresher course: As noted by others (above) - I may have misspoke with referring to a "re-certification"... It has been 15+ years since I last dove (prior to this last August). My boyfriend is new to the diving world...hence, he was moving forward with his PADI certification this last August. Given the lapse in time since I last dove - I joined in on his dive course seeking a re-fresher course.

It also looks like our dive instructor inadvertently dropped the ball and was a bit ahead of himself with telling us that he sent our materials into PADI for our cert cards. He did get back to us - letting us know that he needs to sign off on our dive books prior to "sending" everything in to PADI for the cards.

So, that's that.

Again, thank you everyone for your added insights...much appreciated :)

Jennifer

Since April 2020, PADI issues only electronic c-card to the students in most part of the world. You can sign-in to PADI apps and check your certification level.

Back
Top Bottom