Padi & Asthma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yarden

New
Reaction score
Hi All!

I didn't find an answer to this Q

I did a diving course (advanced open waters) 6 years ago and I now have more than 60 dives.
In the Padi medical form I noted that I have mild asthma, the shop sent me to physician who gave me approval to dive.

Now my question is, is this approval stil stands? I mean, i'm certificated diver, sadly I don't have the medical documents with me... and I don't know if Padi holds them...

I just wanna make sure i'm covered, do you know maybe how frequent if at all I need to do another medical check? I feel great just asking in terms of insurance and staff..

Thanks a lot for help!

Hi All!

I didn't find an answer to this Q

I did a diving course (advanced open waters) 6 years ago and I now have more than 60 dives.
In the Padi medical form I noted that I have mild asthma, the shop sent me to physician who gave me approval to dive.

Now my question is, is this approval stil stands? I mean, i'm certificated diver, sadly I don't have the medical documents with me... and I don't know if Padi holds them...

I just wanna make sure i'm covered, do you know maybe how frequent if at all I need to do another medical check? I feel great just asking in terms of insurance and staff..

Thanks a lot for help!
At least in the US, that MD note is only good for one year. Some areas may have other requirements. Now, if you are just diving for fun and not taking any more classes, you are unlikely to be asked to complete another Medical Statement.

There are lots of shops that include the medical questionnaire as part of their standard waiver.

Use Google to search scubaboard and you will find lots of threads on this topic.

General consensus seems to be to carry a current signed release form from your doctor.

Thanks everyone

So I understand it's not the same standard everywhere

I just asked in terms of insurance and of course i'll visit a doctor

Thanks everyone

So I understand it's not the same standard everywhere

I just asked in terms of insurance and of course i'll visit a doctor
I am confused. Why do you think insurance is involved?

I claim there are 2 very distinct issues here:
- I have asthma, will you let me dive with your op?
- is the activity of scuba diving excluded by my insurance policy?

What type of insurance are you worried about? If you have some, did they ask about asthma?

I am confused. Why do you think insurance is involved?

I claim there are 2 very distinct issues here:
- I have asthma, will you let me dive with your op?
- is the activity of scuba diving excluded by my insurance policy?

What type of insurance are you worried about? If you have some, did they ask about asthma?
I think maybe you are trying too hard to make this an insurance question. The only question he asked was how long a signed medical form is good for. The answer is 12 months, and you only need it for training or with some dive operators.

I think maybe you are trying too hard to make this an insurance question. The only question he asked was how long a signed medical form is good for. The answer is 12 months, and you only need it for training or with some dive operators.
No. Reread the last sentence I quoted...

"I just asked in terms of insurance..."

No. Reread the last sentence I quoted...

"I just asked in terms of insurance..."
That is not a question. Reread his only question: "Now my question is, is this approval stil stands?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom