PADI AOW Certification Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just completed my AOW 2 weeks ago and have yet to have my certification processed through PADI. I have emailed and texted the dive shop/instructor (Owner is the instructor) several times but I'm being ghosted. The only reason I can think for this delay is that he is keeping the certification fee. Is there a fee to certify a diver and what is that fee?
Did you do eLearning? Did you designate that dive shop as the shop you would finish with?

there may be a delay due to COVID on PADI's side or the instructor may have been lax about sending it in. the cert fee is like 40 bucks or something, I doubt there is malice involved, more likely just poor customer service.

there may be a delay due to COVID on PADI's side or the instructor may have been lax about sending it in. the cert fee is like 40 bucks or something, I doubt there is malice involved, more likely just poor customer service.
The cert fee is included in the eLearning fee if that is how he did the class.

No e-learning, it adds $150 to the price. I'd rather spend that money diving.
So you took an in-classroom version? Did you pay for a certification? That may or may not be included in the class price.
Can you describe what you did in the class? Classroom, pool, exams, dives, etc?

Usually the store registration fee is about $100 (for using classroom / pool and maybe gear), then instructor fee of $200. So it's cheaper than OW, assuming you already own some gear yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom