padang bai question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chinacat46

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm going to Padang Bai in October and am staying at Padang Bai Beach Resort. I'm thinking of diving with Geko Dive but wanted to know how close/far they are to the Beach Resort. I don't mind a short walk but if I have to carry my camera long distance each day then we might opt to dive with the Absolute Scuba the in house dive company.

I recall that the two operations are about 50 yards apart, maybe less. Shouldn't be a tough walk.

Thanx that is what I was hoping but good to have it verified. Anybody want to recommend places to eat would also be helpful.

I am sure that you have good reasons to choose Gekko Divers but Padang Bai Beach Resort have an "in house" dive centre & shop called Absolute Scuba. The two together offer dive-stay packages that may work out cheaper.

Hi Chinacat,
The hotel you mention is within 50m of Geko Dive.
There are decent restaurants in town, such as Omang-Omang (spare ribs or beef rendang are yummy), Depo Segara (for fish), Martini's Warung (for local food) or even Ozone (if you crave pizzas). If you want more fanciful options, there are nice places in Candidasa just 15 minutes up the road. Am sure your dive operators will be happy to give you tips on where to eat once you are here.
Enjoy your trip's preparations!

such as Omang-Omang (spare ribs or beef rendang are yummy)
Yep, Omang was my favorite in Padang Bai.

(btw have to contact you Cedric, I am back for 2/3 days mid August : you know what I like :wink:)

Agreed; thumbs up for Omang Omang, No Name warung, Martini's (lovely woman), Puri Rai, Ozone, and Topi Inn for their great sandwiches. Also try the local food warungs (and street food) as the food cannot be beaten for taste and value for money.

There are two businesses between PBBR and Geko so a very short walk indeed :cool2:

We still have more of what you like and this time it is at the Jetty!

This new Jetty dive site; is it Tanah Ampo jetty or the one in Padang Bai Cedric?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom