Packing paralyzer tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
What’s the best way to store a spear tip in checked luggage? I was thinking a small pvc pipe with end caps, but I’m guessing that will look incredible sus under X-ray. I’m trying to avoid puncturing my bc or harming a lugguage handler without subjecting my bag to undue inspection due to extremely short transfer times between domestic and international legs. Thanks.

I think that's a good idea, in a checked bag it shouldn't be a problem. Put a label on the out side of the tube, if you are traveling to a foreign country try to label it in the native language as well.

Google "paralyzer tip guard". Lots of options pop up. No matter what you do, the spearhead may show up on TSA's checked baggage scanner. It will depend on whether the inspector catches it or cares. They're mostly concerned with things that are flammable or go boom.

The weirdest thing I ever saw them hold back was an oversize golf bag packed to the gills with cans of spray paint. The word was, when I was working the bag room, that a sure way of getting your checked bag searched was to pack a jar of peanut butter ( comparable density to plastic explosives ).

1703361125911.jpeg

I flew from the US to Europe having bought a really nice sword in Chinatown in NY. It didn't raise any eyebrows. However, there were a couple of bottles of chilli sauce in the same bag, and they got the "inspected by TSA" treatment & tag. I expect the spear tip will be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom