Pacific Scuba Center in LB, new owners? Could it be!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codyjp

Contributor
Reaction score
I heard a word on the street today that Pacific Scuba Center right down the street from my house has changed owners and now I see there is a note on their site about construction being done. I also hear they might have NITROX... Could this be the best news... uh... EVER for me?

Please please let it be pre mixed nitrox, not PP blending. Please!

Anybody know anything for real?

I'll be dreaming of gumdrops and nitrox fills without getting yelled at. (anybody who gets fill in LB knows what I'm talking about)

Haaaaaaaaaa. I know what you are talking about!
Stoked to hear the shop is getting something going. I know they were having troubles in the middle of this recession, as are most other LDS's.
Get Wet!

P.S.
Your avatar is Rock N Roll Cody!

I hope for your sake that the rumors are true!

I'll be curious how everything is....maybe I'll even consider making the short jaunt to LB instead of Hollywood for 32% fills.

Yes, lets bombard them with calls encouraging them to have nitrox. I think I'll call every few hours and use a different accent too. Long Beach would be way better than Hollywood for you guys!

I drove past it a few weeks ago when I took my mom out to lunch at the brewery. It was all boarded up at that point. Would be great if it were under new management. The old shop was...antiquated. 3000psi max fills, no DIN.

This is right around the corner from Jen's work, so would be wonderful to have another dive shop option.

Let us know what you hear, Cody.

I drove past it a few weeks ago when I took my mom out to lunch at the brewery. It was all boarded up at that point. Would be great if it were under new management. The old shop was...antiquated. 3000psi max fills, no DIN.

This is right around the corner from Jen's work, so would be wonderful to have another dive shop option.

Let us know what you hear, Cody.

Oh trust me, I'll be beating down their doors the minute I get time off work. This is really about 3 blocks from my house. This COULD be my gold mine!

I met the owner today when I dropped in. He is a very nice guy who seems to have a clear vision and some promising ideas for his shop. The place is completely gutted and he is 100% redoing everything. He seemed willing to listen to ideas and seemed to be focused on customer service and quality. The store will be re branded. I'll leave all the details to him to announce here as he did express interest in participating here on SB when the time is right.

I wish him luck with his endeavors!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom