PA Diver Dies in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MK27DIVER

Registered
Reaction score
Heard that a SE PA Deputy Fire Marshal died while SCUBA diving in Bonaire. Has anyone heard or saw any articles about this?

I just arrived from Bonaire and confirm a diver death occurred at Buddy Dive Resort although I cannot say if the above was the individual. While I was ordering at the Loins Den, a diver was found not rresponsive at the surface and was administered CPR to no avail.

I heard about it on the radio news yesterday. Apparently it was a heart attack.

He was a friend of mine. Am trying to get details from my dive buddy in Bonaire. Also, a fellow firefighter from our fire company was with him down there. I will find out more when she gets back. This may be in a few weeks since I'm flying to S.A. today.

Condolences to all.

It seems to strike in a special way when it's associated with a place that has given so many of so much joy. Make the most of each day.

Pete

Sorry to hear about this sad event. I will say, if I'm gonna have a fatal heart attack, I'd like to be doing something I love when it hits. My condolences to all.

I read the story in our local weekly paper, and it turns out he was a resident of our area, and I remembered reading this thread.

Details in this article.

Sad. Condolences to friends and family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom