P-Valves: Si-Tech Trigon/ Lightmonkey / Halcyon Streamline?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magicfx

Registered
Reaction score
P-Valves: Si-Tech Trigon/ Lightmonkey / Halcyon Streamline?
not sure which brand makes the best p-valve.

If you read the description in
Argonaut Drysuit Designer
interface, all of these three valves seem the same.
Balanced/low profile/Delrin material/easy to operate with dry gloves on...etc.
Please give me advice~

Trigon is easy to operate even if you have no hands, no operator needed. The trigon has one thing to look out for, if you over pressurize it while flushing after the dive just use a low flow rinse because you can disrupt the balance seal if you push it to hard, easy fix since all you need to do it slip off the plastic lock ring and make sure the mushroom valve it flat. Other than foolishly over pressurizing it’s foolproof.

Trigon is easy to operate even if you have no hands, no operator needed. The trigon has one thing to look out for, if you over pressurize it while flushing after the dive just use a low flow rinse because you can disrupt the balance seal if you push it to hard, easy fix since all you need to do it slip off the plastic lock ring and make sure the mushroom valve it flat. Other than foolishly over pressurizing it’s foolproof.

I have the Trigon in both my drysuits. No issues with either one, so far. Very low profile. No moving parts. I like it.

Thanks for this tip, though! I use a big syringe to push Steramine solution through mine and I usually give it a few squirts where I try to really squirt it hard. I will back off on that procedure in the future.

Back
Top Bottom