P valve information requested.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Last time I was in the p valve market, the basic options were simple balanced and unbalanced.

Now I'm seeing some additional features namely the can be removed and put back. I can see an appeal to this but I can also see potential issues and part of me thinks marketing gimmick, but I have no personal experience with it.

What are your experiences with this and any other new features worth considering?

Where is the current best place to get the catheters, both small amount for test fit and then larger amounts?

Are you referring to the quick disconnect? I love mine, makes the portion in public less suspicious.
As for condoms shop around at medical supply stores online.

I started with an unbalanced valve. Upgraded to balanced, then switched back to the unbalanced. No experience with QD's.

I agree with sava6e, shop around medical supply stores. Lighthouse for the blind has some good prices on Rochester wide bands.

If you have oily skin or have to deal with.....uh.....retraction, you might look at additional glue like Mastisol. And/or 1 inch medical tape.

DW

+1 for the quick disconnect making the public portion less awkward and for buying catheters from medical supply shops. One additional recommendation if you DON'T have oily skin is to pick up a box of adhesive remover wipes, which are also carried by most medical suppliers.

you can get cathetas on eBay at resonable prices -make sure you shave

What makes it even better, buy one size too small and don't shave.:fear:The glue will release at eyelevel, unfortunatly I'm not normally that long.

Michael

I knew the shave thing

Examples of what I'm thinking is the OMS one has a feature where you remove it from the suit. That kind of thing.

I knew the shave thing

Examples of what I'm thinking is the OMS one has a feature where you remove it from the suit. That kind of thing.
I've never used a removable one, but my 17 year old Halcyon balanced finally gave up the ghost and I replaced it with a new Halcyon balanced valve. The new one is pretty cool, but I confess to not having had a chance to get it in the water yet. I like the lower profile of the portion that sits outside of the suit vs. the "pee through screw" the old model had. Less of a chance to snag (esp on line) and when you open it it stops after a couple of turns vs. the pee through screw which you would lose if you unscrewed it too far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom