P-Valve in CLX-450

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaInChicago

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a fairly new SS CLX-450 and love it. The only addition I'm looking to add is the Halcyon Balanced P-Valve. I wanted to know, if I'm doing it myself, would a soldering iron make a clean hole like it would in a TLS. Also would like to know about the Aqua seal and if it would only go on the interior only as the exterior Cordora doesn't seem like it would provide any seal. Any help would be great on making my perfect suit a bit better.

I used a soldering iron on my CLX-450. Make sure you have a wood block underneath :wink:

I Aqualsealed both interior and exterior, after cleaning with Cotol. The leg is not cordura.

Enjoy the freedom!

I also used a soldering iron, just kind of scary. I did not use any aqua-seal, instead I took a old drysuit glove and cut 2 gaskets. One on the outside of the P-valve and one on the inside. Has never leaked to date, has been in over a year.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom