P-Valve help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreyDyvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got my used Whites Fusion in the mail. It has a Light Monkey unbalanced P valve installed. The hose on the inside of the suit is cut and only a few inches is left connected to the valve.

What is the best way to lengthen the tubing?

Should I install a quick connect?

Any other tips on using this valve are appreciated.

Thanks!

Pick up a new length of norprene tubing and replace it.

I figured a whole new length of tubing would be best. I haven’t yet looked at the valve connection so I don’t know how the hose is connected. I assume it’s jut a hose barb fitting.

Just checked. Yep, just a simple hose barb. The tubing also had a small check valve installed. Do you guys recommend using a check valve or not?

The check valve will prevent water coming in the suit when the valve is not connected to your personal piece of tubing..
I would suggest not to install a quick connect.
Rochester wideband are imho the most reliable condoms.
Clean after use..

I also prefer Rochester Widebands, now called Rochester Spirits, I believe.

Lobo

Lobo

I'm just getting started with figuring out the p-valve on my suit. Do you find the regular Spirit Style 1 is adequate or would you recommend Style 3 with additional adhesive? Thanks!

Lobo
The Wideband is still available. The Spirit looks to be a different product because of the "hydrocolloid adhesive". Style 3 of the Spirit line would be closest to the Wideband product line.

I just looked at Express Medical Supply|Medical Supplies and in a case of 100 there is no price difference. A few cents difference if you order them as single items.

I've had good results with the coloplast freedoms. They use less adhesive than the wideband so they dont take as much effort to get out of :wink:.

I buy them in boxes of 50 on amazon, which means lots of fun suggestions for related items I "might like".

The Wideband is still available. The Spirit looks to be a different product because of the "hydrocolloid adhesive". Style 3 of the Spirit line would be closest to the Wideband product line.

I just looked at Express Medical Supply|Medical Supplies and in a case of 100 there is no price difference. A few cents difference if you order them as single items.

That is good to know, thanks! When I searched for Widebands, I didn't get any hits aside from the spirit. Thanks for the info!!

Yes, style 3 is what I ordered last time. Will try them out Sunday.

Lobo

Back
Top Bottom