Oxygen Toxicity risk with Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was for the diver in question. But that wasn't the meat of that post. My point was the casual disregard for exceeding limits and dive plans. If your limit is 60m and you casually went to 62m, I would have the same statement.

Furthermore, I very much doubt that you casually dive to 60m. That is a dive requiring significant planning not casually deviated from, even if it is "recreational" for you.
I understood that you were stating that 40m is THE recreational limit in general. Like in for everybody and any agency around the world.

The bigger issue that I see is your failure to keep track of your death and following divers who are exceeding the dive plan.
Interesting typo/autocorrect. I assume you meant depth, but if that were to continue, and severe enough, the typo could be true as well.

Exposure to oxygen toxicity is a function of time and pressure. When a Red Sea dive guide, I often had to swim down and pull up divers from below 165 feet at Ras Mohammed who were diving Nitrox32 - as was I. Oxygen toxicity does not happen the instant you pass the Maximum Operating Depth of a mix. Hans Hass used a pure O2 rebreather at 100 feet deep in the Red Sea because nobody told him otherwise.

Interesting typo/autocorrect. I assume you meant depth, but if that were to continue, and severe enough, the typo could be true as well.
Ya maybe I'll just leave it.... ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom