Oxygen solenoid valve suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lastfrontier

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am working on building a nitrox blending setup. I would like to incorporate a solenoid valve to shut off the flow of oxygen should the compressor stop unexpectedly. I have searched the forum but can't seem to find much discussion about what to look for when buying a solenoid valve for this purpose.

I found a couple of candidates but thought I would ask here to see if I am on the right track.

1/4" Stainless Steel Solenoid Valve

U.S. Solid Electric Solenoid Valve- 1/4" 24V DC Solenoid Valve Stainless Steel Body Normally Closed, VITON SEAL

Thanks in advance.

1B79D3D0-DC01-47A2-8998-D4285356017D.jpeg
perhaps this will help

the easiest way to do it is with a normally closed solenoid that is run from the same voltage as your compressor. Tie it to one of the motor leads and that way whenever the motor is running, it will open, as soon as the motor stops, it closes.
The first one has multiple coil voltages and since most compressors are 240vac, you'll want that one

Stainless Steel and viton or EPDM, normal closed. And to be sure, remove the coil and do a sonic clean in blue gold.

Stainless Steel and viton or EPDM, normal closed. And to be sure, remove the coil and do a sonic clean in blue gold.

all except normally closed is a benefit, but not necessary. This is low pressure oxygen, no different than regulator second stages, there is no need to O2 clean them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom