Oxygen availability and coronavirus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rjack321, His shop is on the East Coast. I don't know what they dive with or how many tanks they use. All I do know is that when there was talk of his area being shut down he received a panicked call from his contact at the aquarium making sure they wouldn't fully close. Son's shop has given them a key to do their own fills but he has to be out there every few days to run the compressor. The local police, who have shut down access to the area except for residents and have an officer stationed at the entrance, allow him through.

The shop is closed to all recreational diving and retail.

I think that's a "delivered to patient" proportion. That is, nasal canulae attached to a 100% system only get the patient 28-44% oxygen because the patient inhales some air around the canulae. They've got a pretty low flow rate, per Dr. Wikipedia.
Yeah, we have a LOX farm in the back, backed up with a lot of O2 bottles. Nasal is for minor issues and concentrator will work for that, mostly I see it in elderly people walking around, not actual patents. Non-rebreathers are for patients having a bad day. Then you start having to worry about pulmonary toxicity.

Back
Top Bottom