Oxycheq vs. Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jayandseven

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm setting up a BP/W rig and I need a tough bladder, so I think I've narrowed it down to these two(Mark V Extreme/XT Armored). Any preferences? Customer service experience? Other suggestions? Thanks!

We have both Oxycheq and DR products including wings from each. Both maufacturers have served us well. IMO, customer service (rarely needed with either) has been better with DR.

Hmm, that is tough decision for sure. My Oxycheq wing has never needed to go back for repair, nor have my Dive Rite Wings needed to back for repair. But if I had to choose, I would take the DR XT, because the bladders is Nylon laminate, reminds me of the Halcyon wings. The only Oxycheq Extreme wing I have seen had a polyether bladder.

I'm setting up a BP/W rig and I need a tough bladder, so I think I've narrowed it down to these two(Mark V Extreme/XT Armored). Any preferences? Customer service experience? Other suggestions? Thanks!

Well, since you asked about customer service, I'll reply ... my experiences with Oxycheq were about as poor as they can get. A couple years back I purchased an expensive backup light that never worked. The place I got it from replaced it with another of the same model ... which also didn't work. A third light flooded on the first dive. I finally contacted Patrick directly to ask why his lights were so unreliable (definitely not something you want in a back-up light) and he told me to take it up with the dealer ... that he doesn't deal directly with the end-user. I posted my experiences on ScubaBoard and Patrick chimed in that he would prefer if from now on I buy my equipment from someone else.

Based on his responses ... and the lack of support for his product ... I got rid of all my Oxycheq equipment and won't be buying any more in the future ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not that I want to shame Oxycheq or anything but I also had some bad customer service experiences with them as well My Oxycheq Razor Mach V wing started leaking at the seams and I was told my Oxycheq that it was product abuse. At the time, it probably had less than 100 dives on it and I would tend to believe their products should last longer than that. It was a little over 2 years old.

In the end they did repair it for a fee however it took 4 months and there was very little in the way of communication. When I got it back it was actually still leaking but I had already purchased another wing so I didnt bother returning it.

I dont own any DiveRite wings but I do own several of their backplates (hard to mess up a steel plate...) but I really like the look of their new donut wings.

I also recommend HOG wings. I own their 32# and 58# models and couldn't be happier. Very durable wings, great price and the owner stands by his products and provides fantastic customer support.

I also own the hog 32lb and I love it. I'm not the biggest fan of their new inflator and I switched it out for a standard power inflator pretty quick, but it wasn't the function I didn't like.. just the feel of the angled button. Otherwise it's been a trooper and I've been really happy.

I have been diving an Oxycheq 30# extreme for 5 years now without a problem.
As to customer service , Oxycheq is not the best, but the product is very good.
You will need to decide if you want good service or a good product.
I have had great service from dive Rite, but only for regs, no wings.

Jim breslin

You will need to decide if you want good service or a good product.

Jim breslin

Or you could go with Deep Sea Supply and get both ...

I had a small issue with a DR wing and received excellent customer service from the manufacturer....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom