Oxycheq Vertex Extreme vs Signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't confirm about the extreme, but the Signature wings are quite nice.

Jeff+on+the+stalker2.jpg

All the Oxycheq models with the same name are built the same except the Extreme versions use a cover that is virtually cut/tear proof. That is not to say the Signature wing covers are lightweight - but the Extreme covers are tough, tough, tough (Actually, my Extreme wing weighs less than my Signature).

All the Oxycheq models with the same name are built the same except the Extreme versions use a cover that is virtually cut/tear proof. That is not to say the Signature wing covers are lightweight - but the Extreme covers are tough, tough, tough (Actually, my Extreme wing weighs less than my Signature).

Are you happy with Extreme for doubles?

I own MachV Extreme, thus I know what Extreme series material is.

My only concern is that the tough wing will not hug the tanks in the water as closely as cordura or just will not hug the tanks at all.

Last edited:
I've got both Extreme and Signature Wings in the same size and I can't tell the difference. My wife always likes to take a picture of me when we are underwater and if I didn't know which wing I was using at a particular location, I could not tell from the pictures.

Of course, there is not a lot or air in either at depth and they are only "fully" inflated at the surface, so I don't know if there would ever be a significant difference when at depth.

I think you are worrying about the ants on the picnic blanket, in the middle of an elephant stampede. :lotsalove:

I am considering the Vertex Extreme for my next wing as my OMS has about had it.

Anyone know where to get the best deal on the 55# Vertex Extreme at a really good price? Best I have seen s far is $399.00

Back
Top Bottom