Oxycheq Ultra Lite Travel Plate, tank band strap cutouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone get this plate recently ? Curious about the location of the tank band strap cutouts. Some stores show the plate with the cutouts in the middle of the plate, others show it lower on the plate. I wonder if Oxycheq made a change and the stores never bothered to change the picture on their site.

4904227869e52877371b9dc6bab0e8f5.jpg
BO-OWB-01-04ULBK-2.jpg

The plate looks similar to other soft plates, but I noticed differences with the tank band mounting and harness comparing Oxycheq, DiveRite Transpac, Zeagle Express, Hollis, etc..

My plate is quite old and like the first picture. Actually, there are three slots for tank bands. The one you can obviously see as well as one immediately below and above that. The built-in STAs on my Oxycheq wings are engaged by the other two slots. You can also see a difference in the hardware that engages the waist strap.

I think the lower slots look to be the standard location to match wings from other manufacturers. I prefer the lower tank band went through the plate. It seems like it would be more secure.

Hopefully Oxycheq changed to what is shown in the lower picture a long time ago. I guess I could check with the dealer/store.

Update:

I order 2 plates for my wife and I, from 2 different stores because I needed a few other things and neither store had everything.

Both plates have the slots in the lower location, like the bottom picture I posted. Both plates do not have the fabric loops on the bottom, so the webbing only goes through the metal loop. One plate has serrated shoulder glides, the other has non serrated. Hopefully the difference in shoulder glides will not matter.

Plate is very comfortable, small, light and the speed harness works well. I matched it up with a DSS 17 lb bladderless wing. The whole setup is tiny.

I'll get it in the water in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom