Oxycheq Mach V wings Odd Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gnulab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow Oxycheq users,

I'm posting some pictures of my Mach V 30lb wings, just for verifying if my wing is odd by itself or it's normal.

I find that my wing is rather odd shape since the inner bladder is way too big for the outer shell, at least that's my theory. When I pull out Halcyon's & Oxycheq's inner bladder, Oxycheq's totally engulf the outer shell, while Halcyon's is a tad bigger than its outer shell. That's how I arrive at that conclusion.

As you can see whether it's deflated or inflated, the shape isn't that 'smooth'.

I'm posting another picture of Halcyon vs Oxycheq (this is just a comparison, not bashing Oxycheq). Notice how Halcyon's is smoothly edged?

So, my question is, is this normal?

Thank you.
Henry

Attachments

• IMG00283-20100610-0127.jpg
    IMG00283-20100610-0127.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG00285-20100610-0843.jpg
    IMG00285-20100610-0843.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG00287-20100610-0843.jpg
    IMG00287-20100610-0843.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG00262-20100608-0912.jpg
    IMG00262-20100608-0912.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG00258-20100607-0119.jpg
    IMG00258-20100607-0119.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 330
Well, this is a kind of late response, hopefully it will still be of some help!

I have the 40lb Mach V Extreme, which is identical in design - just a different material. From the looks of yours, it doesn't look right... especially that lower right corner when it's inflated. You've got some definate 'bulging' going on, and I'd think your conclusion is correct. The innder bladder of mine does not exceed the outer shell.

Here's a pic of mine for you to compare:

Attachments

• oxycheq m5x.jpg
    oxycheq m5x.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 731
just curious...was the issue solved?

I'd be curious to know if OxyCheq ever "owned" this problem and made it right.

-Mitch

It definately looks "wrong" My MachV has a much cleaner, smoother appearance than the one in the pics. But it looks different too. The cover seems thinner in the pics. I couldn't imagine my MachV having that wrinkled look deflated. Without holding it in my hands, I have to wonder if it's a knockoff?

I bought it from a dealer that was mentioned in the Oxycheq website, and I had bought other items without any defect or anomaly. So I'd rule 'knockoff' out.

Before I post any complaints or questions on Scubaboard, I always make sure that I contacted the manufacturer first, which in this case I did. Oxycheq failed to reply my emails and up till today I haven't heard from them regarding this issue.

Coz of this experience, I try to steer clear from Oxycheq products.

Hmmm, this seems strange for Oxycheq to drop the ball.

WHERE YOU AT OXYCHEQ????

I have been told that the bladder is ALWAYS larger than the outer protective cover.

It is done this way to prevent the bladder from ever being inflated to its fullest capacity. This increases the life of the bladder seams and minimizes the chance of an over-inflation issue

It's normal for it to look a little wrinkly when deflated, Iain

I have oxycheq 30# wing as well. From the look, your wing outter shield is not very even. The buldge isn't normal. I hope Oxycheq will sort it out for you.

However, I think all Oxycheq wing is made in such a way that the inner bladder is much larger than the outter shell. In fact, the outter shell is what defines the inflated size if the wing, not the bladder. This design kind of make sense tho if you think about it. For 1, Oxycheq and use the same bladder for different lift wing. 2. Have the outter shell as the limit will prevent over expanding the bladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom