Oxycheq LED back-up light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeb663

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Up for grabs is one Oxycheq back-up light in excellent condition. I just do not use it enough to justify keeping it. This light functions perfectly and has fresh batteries. I posted a link to the new light for sale to use as a comparison. If anyone needs a picture of the actual light please email me at mikeb663@yahoo. com and I will send you a picture.

OxyCheq Led backup Light reviews and discounts, OxyCheq

I am looking to get $150 shipped to US, but will entertain offers. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thank you and have a nice day.

Up for grabs is one Oxycheq back-up light in excellent condition. I just do not use it enough to justify keeping it. This light functions perfectly and has fresh batteries. I posted a link to the new light for sale to use as a comparison. If anyone needs a picture of the actual light please email me at mikeb663@yahoo. com and I will send you a picture.

OxyCheq Led backup Light reviews and discounts, OxyCheq

I am looking to get $150 shipped to US, but will entertain offers. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thank you and have a nice day.

How many dives on it? Salt or fresh water dives?

About 25 dives all fresh water

i dont understand the description in the link. it says equivalent to a 10watt HID but then it says it only has just over 200 lumens. that really doesnt make sense. can you clarify?
thank you

i dont understand the description in the link. it says equivalent to a 10watt HID but then it says it only has just over 200 lumens. that really doesnt make sense. can you clarify?
thank you

It doesn't make sense of course but what they mean is that the brightness in the center of the beam may be close to the brightness of a 10 W HID but the overall amount of light given out with not be the same.

It's a matter of lux vs lumens. The led used (Cree XR-E I believe) puts out a bright but narrow beam. A 10 W HID puts out light over a larger area (therefore it has more lumens...450 lumens generally) but it may not be much brighter when you compare the small spot of the Oxycheq with a spot that small coming from a 10 W HID.

Lighting manufacturers tend to play loose with the facts in their product descriptions. This is changing however as more people insist on accurate and consistent product specs.

Thanks gcbryan that's exactly what I was going to tell him. Also, due to lack of interst the item is off to ebay (has one day left). I will update the thread here once the auction is over. Thanks The auction number is 260571768569

sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom