OxyCheq gear review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sclakediver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to share my impression of the BP/W.

First let me start by saying the concept of BP/W is not new to me. There are alot of divers in this area using this type of gear. I got into diving unaware of where it would take me. After diving for a while and reading everything I can on the subject, I now know that cave and wreck penetration are in the future for me. I spend alot of time in the water practicing skills and drills and am ALMOST ready for cavern.

I recently ordered a OxyCheq SS BP, Hog harness, LW STA, and the MachV 30# wing from my local LDS. I have read alot about the Mach V, everyone has given it great reviews. After a few dives with it, the only thing I can think to say about it is WOW this setup is amazing. I still can't believe how this thing performs in the water. Trim is perfect. I can roll into any position I want and stay there with no effort. Breath controlled depth changes are a piece of cake. I have read how streamlined this wing is and I don't think enough can be said about that. My non-diving coworkers say, who cares about hydrodynamics? What does it matter? It's hard to explain to them how this effects air consumption. I have been completing the same dive profiles at the local lake with 400-500 psi more than when using my back inflate BC. I think the only time I will ever use my BC again is going to be next weekend when I let a buddy try the BP/W.

A few people have told me to keep the BC for travel. I think I'll get the OC SS Travel Backplate and Mach V Razor 18# wing for flight travel. I can't wait to try a wing half the size of the one I have.

Keep up the good work OxyCheq, my hat's off to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom