Closed Oxycheq Dual Bladder/Dual Inflator 57# doubles wing

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcs118

Contributor
Reaction score
For Sale: Oxycheq Vertex Signature Series Dual Bladder/Dual Inflator 57# wing

Asking: $240 + actual shipping --> NEW PRICE $165 shipped.

I purchased this wing in 2012 and have used it on double 100s, 108s, and 130s. It has approximately 150 dives, including cave dives, so it has minor aesthetic scuffs. My reason for selling is that the cut of the wing is very tight (it is not as wide as other brands), which has meant that with bigger tanks, especially when adding an 80, 40, or both, the wing was quite inflated despite the 57# lift capacity. This was, over time, cumbersome enough for me that I switched to a wider doubles wing.

On Wednesday, January 16th I completely overhauled and serviced both inflators and dump valves. No leaks were detected when examining inflators and dump valves submerged in water, and each bladder was inflated (separately, of course) and did not have any noticeable deflation after multiple hours. Also, the primary corrugated inflator hose was swapped out to an Oxycheq 13", as the original length was too long.

Please see images below. Although it is a 57# wing, the tag says 55#. Oxycheq customer service told me it was normal back in 2012 when I spoke with them to be sure I had the right product!

OxycheqFront.jpeg OxycheqBack.jpeg OxycheqTag.jpeg

Looking to put together a set of doubles using lp72's. Do you think this wing would be a good choice?

Definitely a good choice. There is plenty of lift for double 72s, and the tighter cut of the wing means that it won't "taco" even on smaller doubles like these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom