Owner Info Screen for Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kablooey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here's an idea for dive computer manufacturers and programers...

How about adding a screen mode for divers to record their contact info?

Why?
So many dive computers are lost every day. Especially wrist mounted and wrist watch dive computers.
Wouldn't it be great to have a screen where the person who finds a lost computer could access the original owner's contact info?
Maybe as part of the settings mode?

It would help get a lot of computers back into the hands of the unfortunate people who loose them.

Sure, I know a lot of computers are water-damaged beyond repair by the time they're found. And it's up to the honesty of the person that finds it also. And a lot of people already mark their computers with contact info (although most don't). Ya, it's not a perfect solution... but I'd call someone if I found a dive computer.

K

Scubapro's Luna and G2 have already have this feature. The owner's name appears on the home page when the computer is turned on. There is also another screen in which the owner can upload emergency (contact/medical) info.

This is all great news, thank you.

Knowing that some manufactures are already including this on their computers is very encouraging.
Hopefully it will catch on with all of them. Divers can help by letting manufacturers know this feature is important to them.
(Perhaps spread the word at DEMA this week?)

The next time I'm shopping for a computer this will be something I'll be looking for.

I hate to loose stuff, but I also love to find the owners of the lost equipment I find.

(back to the drawing board... one day I'll have an original idea)

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom