OW/AOW recommendation in Rivieria Maya Nov 27-Dec 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingChipmunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

We are planning a vacation with extended family to Riviera Maya this Thanksgiving (Nov 27-Dec1).
We would like to find an all inclusive resort in the area with a reputable on-site dive center and get my niece (13 years old) OW certified, and me and my husband AOW. The rest of the family are non-divers.

Any recommendation? We prefer a resort within an hour's drive from Cancun airport , and we like natural setting around the resort more than city setting. We also prefer a resort with elevators as my mom has limited mobility, but can accept a ground floor unit.

We stayed at Sandos Playacar two years ago and dove with the dive shop onsite. We enjoyed our experience there, but would like to try a different place as they have adult-only restriction in the ocean-front section.

A few places we are currently considering:
1. Catalonia Playa Maroma, dive center: Pro Dive.
2. Iberostar Tucan Playacar, dive center: Dressel
3. Grand Palladum Whitesand, dive center: Aqua Excursion

Any experience with these locations, resorts, esp their dive centers, is greatly appreciated. Any suggestions for other places in the area would also help.

Thanks in advance!

Sue and Scott

Have dived twice with Blue Experience, whose shop is in the Sirenis resort. I cannot speak to the resort, as we were staying in Akumal. Blue Experience will transport you to Akumal beach for the dives. Tim and Kathrin are patient, cheerful and clear teachers/dive leaders, and the rental equipment is good.
If any of your group are planning beach time, you will want to keep track of the sargassum situation that has affected the entire Riviera Maya, and find out how your chosen resort is managing the mess.

X2 on Blue Experience!! Very competent and friendly folks, really a first class operation!!

Vidanta Resort Mayan Riviera rental NON all inclusive 18 hole golf waterpark dive shop - YouTube

WHY all inclusive?? I have found that the all inclusive is not a deal if you are missing breakfast lunch and not a big boozer. I have 2 bedroom full kitchen sleeps 6 on the Mayan Riviera golf and dive center onsite. NOT all inclusive $1,000 a week!
Me toilet1240web.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom