overnighting before trip... khao lak options.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swissrob

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

so eventually booked my trip (see you soon Karin :eyebrow:) i plan to arrive in Phuket on the morning of the 8th and jump on the boat on the evening of the 9th. so where would people recommend places to see/go etc...?

Whats the night life like in khao lak, i know its fairly quiet but is it dead- which bars to go to where a single traveller can meet up with other people and not feel like "billy no mates" :rofl3:?

i guess getting there is with the normal taxis from the airport or are there shared mini buses etc? and which area of KL should i head for?

If anyone wants a beer on the 8th let me know :idk:

thanks again....

Rob

Ooooooohhhhh Rob............thing is..........the Oktavia comes back on the 8th in the afternoon, and traditionally the guests "force" us to go out for a drink with them in the evening :wink:

What you have to do, is come to the Happy Snapper at around 10 pm and then you'll meet the gang. One of our guests, Mitch, is just on his 6th trip with us this season and it's his last night in Khao Lak, so there's bound to be a bit of a party going on. Yup, we always find an excuse :eyebrow:

You're also welcome to stop by at the office at 6-7 pm - there's a mini market next door in case you want to buy me that beer :D

Sometimes we go out for dinner as well (I normally work though), I'll send you a text when I know more....

Easiest from the airport is a taxi - should cost you 1200 Baht. Apart from the 2 hotel names I gave you yesterday, you can also go to Bang Niang (where our office is) and stay in for instance Tim's Guesthouse +66 833914 3384 - 500 for fan, 700 for aircon. Otherwise your best options are in Nang Thong (aka Khao Lak City)

Let me know if you want any assistance with the booking.....

Cheers
Karin

I went to Khao Lak earlier this year to do some wreck diving then on to the similans. Sorry to say but I thought the nightlife was poor at the very best. The Happy Snapper was the only real bar there and not really my scene. Each to there own though.

Hi Karin,

Thanks for the offer, staying in the main part sounds best for me I guess. Ill try stop by the office and of course the beer will be cold! The bar sounds good and ill do my best to make it but might be :sleeping2: after the long flight :shakehead:. hopefully not though!

i send you a mail in a while.

I recommend Circodin (melatonin).......1 pill taken at the normal bedtime of your destination and you have no problems with jetlag :wink:

And come to the Snapper.......you know you want to :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom