Over Under Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seapix

Registered
Reaction score
Getting your first successful over/under shot is always a treat. This is one of my first "keepers" from a trip to Cocoview, in Roatan. It's a picture of my wife Joanna. I actually had her swim around in circles, and everytime she passed the lens I snapped the picture. It took a lot of tries until I got the one I liked.

smalloverunder1.jpg

Incidentally, before anyone complains about forcing my wife to swim in circles, she makes me jump through hoops, so we're even :)

Nice, I like the pic!

Though...I think that my wife would not cooperate.....it's a one-way hoop-jumping around here :eek:ut:

Cheers,
Crazy_J
:doctor:

Cool pic... looks like a cover shot of a post card~
Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks for the nice words, and I know all about one-way hoop jumping. By the way, loved the Einstein quote. Here's another one that's worth mentioning:
"Gravitation cannot be help responsible for people falling in love..."

You inspire us! My wife and I were certified in March with one of the goals being UW photography. Well, we just received a Canon S400 (4 MP) as a gift! I guess that solves our problem. Luckily, Canon makes housing for it. It should arrive tomorrow and we are itching to dive. Not bad since it only cost me $170 for a decent UW camera.

I'll post pics as soon as I get back. Although, it will probably be me swimming loops, jumping hoops, etc...:D

BTW, how many shots did it take before you got a keeper?

A great shot of both my favorite places...CCV over AND under!

When I was shooting film, I was happy if I had 3 or 4 keepers per roll! (to me a keeper is defined by its ability to be published in a national magazine).

Shooting with digital makes it easier, because I can erase images before they're transferred into the PC. In this way, I get a lot of keepers on one roll of "digital film."

By the DDUB --congrats on the camera! When you get your first keeper, believe me it will be an event! And you won't be able to print it out fast enough to put on the wall :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom