Our prayers have been answered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Our prayers have been answered.

“It’s raining” YAHOOOOOO :D

That should keep the idiots from doing idiotic things for the rest of this weekend.

I don’t know why everyone has to get major stupid over a holiday weekend to honor those who have passed or been maimed.

Northeast Washington has been busy. All I’ve heard is short news blips so if anyone has some info you might post it.

Sounds like a vehicle involved in a missing person case went over something like a 400’ cliff into the river and the driver or owner is missing as well. Then there was a small child pulled from the river. :(

Someone with some info please jump in.

Gary D.

Sometimes the rain brings the crazies out, especially if it's been raining cats-and-dogs for several days in a row. I think they get cabin fever, or something. Who knows?

We've had a week of very mild weather (low to mid 70's) and so far this weekend has been uneventful. We are, however, going back to business as usual as the team leader is talking to a proprty crimes detective about a possible evidence recovery dive sometime in the upcoming week.

Yahoooooo, not even a “LOW BATTERY” beep out of the pagers.

The rain kept all the drunks AT bay instead of IN the bay.

On the fourth we switch shifts and 4 of the five strong divers are going to graveyard for the summer. My #2 and I are on identical shifts with the same days off. That leaves one in Marine, one in Detectives, one in the Jail and the three FNG’s that start training on the fifth.

The FNG’s are going to be at it for 7 straight days and hopefully be a bit smarter when they are done. It will still be a while before they get on the rescue side but for recovery they will be ready to go on Sunday the 11th as long as some of us are with them.

They all have good heads on them and have been training with the team for several months already. They have a good head start and hopefully a good understanding on what’s about to happen.

I went to Harbor Freight this weekend and purchased 10 new punches to issue out. Super sale time, I got 10 of them for $27.10 including the tax. Now they won't have an excuse for not having one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=621

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Sounds like a vehicle involved in a missing person case went over something like a 400’ cliff into the river and the driver or owner is missing as well. Then there was a small child pulled from the river. :(

Someone with some info please jump in.

Gary D.

I was involved with the search, near Metaline, WA Pend Orielle (SP) river. We worked the scene with SS Sonar (Ralstons) Cadaver Dog (Terminstien) Diver (Me, Bachman).

Vehicle left roadway for unknown reason, very violent tumble down approx. 150' area of old landslide (lots of debris in search area, trees, powerlines/poles, everything that was on the hilside 10 years ago). Vehicle recovered after 1.5 days, and major (8') river level change. Driver no longer in/around vehicle.

Very poor search conditions for all search types

Body floated the day after we left.

Rusty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom