Our planned encounter this weekend with a giant catfish in a private pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Believe it or not - I have never eaten catfish. My husband brought one home one day, and the sucker lived in our empty sink for hours. That just don't look natural, ya hear?? But, yes, Leah - we will go eat WHEREVER you want to eat. I promise I will take a bite, but I ain't promising anything else. I saw noodling on TV once - that didn't appeal to me, either, but I will put my "prissy" side :blinking: away for the day and venture into the murky 12-foot depths in search of a big'un :azvatar:. I will probably learn more buoyancy control in one dive than I have in 50 put together, 'cause I ain't slamming into the bottom right on top of a mammouth catfish!

I'ma skeered!!!

Jocasseegirl:
Believe it or not - I have never eaten catfish. My husband brought one home one day, and the sucker lived in our empty sink for hours. That just don't look natural, ya hear?? But, yes, Leah - we will go eat WHEREVER you want to eat. I promise I will take a bite, but I ain't promising anything else. I saw noodling on TV once - that didn't appeal to me, either, but I will put my "prissy" side :blinking: away for the day and venture into the murky 12-foot depths in search of a big'un :azvatar:. I will probably learn more buoyancy control in one dive than I have in 50 put together, 'cause I ain't slamming into the bottom right on top of a mammouth catfish!

I'ma skeered!!!

Some say, "If yer skeered, say yer skeered!" :) I would LOVE to dive some ponds but the Georgia cotton mouth tells me to stay away. can't believe I used to swim in the river with them and didn't think twice. Guess that is just the imortality of a Teen.

Well he put up a good fight, but he was no match for the expert skills, ability, and and knowlage of the two.... awh who am i kiddin you just gotta think like a BIG CATFISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Diver180:
Well he put up a good fight, but he was no match for the expert skills, ability, and and knowlage of the two.... awh who am i kiddin you just gotta think like a BIG CATFISH!!!!!!!!!!!

SO, are ya sayin' you're a scum-sucking bottom-dweller??? :D :wink:

GA Under Water:
Some say, "If yer skeered, say yer skeered!" :) I would LOVE to dive some ponds but the Georgia cotton mouth tells me to stay away. can't believe I used to swim in the river with them and didn't think twice. Guess that is just the imortality of a Teen.

OK, if there's one thing in this world that I r-e-a-l-l-y don't like, it's snakes! We had lots of them up at Jocassee, and Mama always told me to stay away from the riverbanks - and I did! Lord help me . . . no, Lord help YOU, Leah, if I see a snake :no

Heh --- you girls have a blast!!! I look forward to hearing all about your adventure!

The Kraken:
You gals ROCK ! ! !

Yes, we DO!!! :rofl3: And how come you haven't come up to Jocassee to dive with us? :huh: Have you not heard that we bring food with us? :D And I have lots of Jocassee yarns to tell. :eyebrow: Would love to see you up there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom