Our Owc This Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterdogs

Reaction score
Well, after a long haul we are finally at the end of our road. We will take our OWC this weekend in FLA at Blue Grotto and Rainbow River.

If anyone has followed any of my threads you know what me and "future" mrs. Waterdogs have gone through over the last few months and I'm glad to say we are almost there.

Just a short note on classes, "Future" mrs. Waterdogs has done superb. After all the hesitations, fears and concerns about "sharks", etc. She has gone through classes extremely well, better than me at some things infact, and she has gone from no excitement to actually getting a little excited about it.

Our OWC is our final test, I do believe we will come out ok. We have already planned a trip to visit my folks in Miami and a little venture to Key Largo while we are there in May for 2 days., our first chance at truly OW boat dives will come on May 21st.

So, long story short, here we go.

We'll catch you up on the OWC next week.

Thanks for all the help and support over the last few months, we, I sincerely appreciate all the advice to keep us going.

Thanks,

waterdogs

Good Luck!!! Blue Grotto is a great place for a class. That is where part of my class took place. I even returned there last week prior to my Cave Intro class to try out some new gear. Have fun with the dives! Make sure you watch the video at Blue Grotto before you get in the water! Keep up the good work!

Good luck WD's... looking forward to the update! As you know, I'm living through those getting certified before me, so all information helps!

:D

:D
:lurk:

Good luck and have fun ! Blue Grotto is a great place to do your check outs.

My Course Director and his wife took me there after finishing my instructors course. (IDC/IE)

We discussed on how great the platforms were set up and you also have the "bell" and can actually talk with your instructor while underwater.

Congrats !!!

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom