Otter Britannic Superskin vs MK2 Telescopic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There must be a difference in these two suits, based upon the price differential. As I am just starting to dive in a drysuit, I'm not sure of how these suits differ, based upon the descriptions on the Otter website. The description of the Superskin does not make mention of it being telescopic. How important is the telescopic style of the suit for fit? The MK2 is described as being super tough with robust armor skin material. Can someone help to clarify the differences in these two suits. I'm a recreational diver. The coldest water I'll probably be in is about 50F. If I dive wrecks, I don't do any penetration. Thanks.

I have the Otter Britannic superskin with front zip and w/o telescopic torso. The suit itself is very rugged and hard wearing. The material has some stretch to it, but not much. I think the telescopic torso makes it easier to get in and out of the suit, as you have a few extra inches of play to get it over your head. It's not difficult to get my suit on or off, but since I don't have this feature it's a little trickier I'd say. Never seen the MK2 suit, but I know at least one of my dive buddies has a britannic superskin with the telescopic torso, so if you buy new I think it is an option, and I would definitely get one.

Otter now makes the Atlantic, which is supposed to eventually be the successor to the Britannic. Telescoping torso is standard. It comes in two versions - the Atlantic, which is an ultralight "rip-stop" material, or the Atlantic HD, which uses the same material the Britannic was known for. I purchased the Atlantic HD this year, very satisfied with it.

AustinV - do you know if the Atlantic is supposed to replace both the Britannic Superskin, as well as the MK2? Thanks.

AustinV - do you know if the Atlantic is supposed to replace both the Britannic Superskin, as well as the MK2? Thanks.

I was told it’s the successor to the MK2. Not sure if MK2 will ever be dropped or if the Atlantic is just the “next generation”. The big difference in the cuts of the suit from MK2 to Atlantic is the one piece seamless panel from hip to underarm to wrist to make reaching valves easier.

Hello! I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully we get some more replies here. Is the material between both of the suits the same?

Thanks for your feedback!

Respectfully,

OctoHelm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom