Otitis externa and scuba lessons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My 11 year old daughter is supposed to start scuba camp next Monday. Today she is diagnosed with Bilateral otitis externa--swimmers ear. She is on oral antibiotics and antibiotic ear drops. Then on Thursday I get to flush her ears. The medications continue for a total of 10 days. The doctor said she is not to get water in her ears for 2 weeks. I expect that this will be pretty much cleared up by next Monday however I am wondering if I should cancel her scuba camp. If I cancel there is no telling when we could get her back to take regular lessons. I liked the scuba camp since it is 4 days per week for 2 weeks with kids in her age group. Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.

He wants to keep the ears dry for a reason. I can think of no quicker way to sour a youngster on Scuba than to exacerbate or restart a painful ear infection during Scuba lessons.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom