Other than NiteRider, Any Soft Head Mounted HIDs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got a little extra toy money and am thinking on purchasing a nice light, primarily for fossil hunting in black water (Cooper River). Mostly this involves getting your eyeball within a foot and a half of the river bottom, picking into the substrate so as to not be pushed downstream by the current, and picking up fossils with your other hand. It is pitch black without a light. I believe a head mounted lamp would be most effective as it would keep one hand free to pick into bottom and another to pick up fossils. The soft headmount that NiteRider sells for their HID sounds good (not so crazy about wearing a helmet, but maybe). So far, they are the only manufacturer I've seen that has this as an option. I also like the OMS Phantom, but as I say I'm not so crazy about wearing a helmet. Anyone know of any other options? Also, has anyone used the Niterider soft head mount? Does it work OK?

Thanks

I have not used the head mount, although it came with my light. But I have a lot of good things to say about the Nite Rider light itself. It's tough, it's light and small, and the battery pack is compact and easy to fit on your gear. And the company stands behind its products in a truly impressive way.

I'd have to agree with TS&M the Nightrider is a great little light made by a top notch company.. I have not used the head mount either but it looks like it'd be alright.. You might find that for what you're looking to do a focusable head my be very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom