Osmond Azonobi - Warning - SCAM ARTIST

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was looking at the jobs pages, and some 'orrible little oik tried to scam me.

I applied for a dive centre manager's job in Malaysia.
It was being advertised in diversjobs.com

As soon as he wrote back I had a feeling it was a blag.

So I googled him and he appeared all over the net as a Global Consultant!!

I wrote back to him asking for details of the job and where I would be based.
He replied with lots of vagaries and reitterated that I had to send him $500 to register my application ... BS!!!

Here is the last letter the little **** sent me ...

ATTENTION DUNCAN, WE RECEIVED YOUR MAIL AND APPRECIATE IT BUT WE WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT ANY FURTHER QUESTION SHOULD BE WHEN YOU ARRIVED HERE IN MALAYSIA SO THAT WE WILL TAKE YOU TO YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE FOR SCREENING. YES WE HAVE SO MANY INSTRUCTORS AND TEACHING ALSO. OUR WEBSITE IS WWW.OSMONDAZONOBI.NET <http://www.OSMONDAZONOBI.NET> . LISTEN DUNCAN, WE ARE NOT FORCING YOU TO WORK WITH US SO IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO WORK WITH THIS OFFICE PLEASE KINDLY RESEND THE FORM BACK EMPTY. BUT IF YOU ARE READY TO WORK WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU ARE ADVISE TO FILL THE FORM AND RESEND IT BACK IN THIS OFFICE INCLUDING THE STAMP DUTY FEE. THANKS. OSMOND LTD.

I have been jailed in Malaysia due to not having a work permit, and know the application process intimately for getting a work permit.
I returned his mail with more questions
He then gave me the ultimatum of do you want the job or not, so I let him have it.

I told him I had been working in Malaysia for 3 years and my previous employer was married to the Cousin of the Kedah Cheif of Police and that they would be using his mails to find him and prosecute him.

I also told him that I knew where he lived and I was returning to Thailand in December, and would be visiting my previous employer who lives in a district in Kuala Lumpur (close to where the blagger lives)

Then? Nothing ... lol

So I went to a couple of the jobs pages and posted that he was a blagger and hoped they would take him off their lists.

Then I contacted a friend in KL and actually did ask him for an email address for a police officer in KL that deals with this type of crime.

So, I have been a busy little private investigator ...

So if you see this guy advertising anywhere doing anything, find him and report him.

Any further questions, just mail me.

TO THE MODS ... if this is inappropriate, I apologise, but I thought it was a fairly important topic.
If you want to delete it, I have no issue with that.
Regards and be safe

Back
Top Bottom