Oshima is warm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey all
What a great weekend of diving we at Oshima (8 divers and my two little ones). Lucky to have two sunny days, and relatively full moon and starry nights.

The water was 22C and the air is so much warmer than here on the mainland. I was harshly reminded of that when I woke up and left for work this morning...

We had bonfires at the dive sites for extra warmth and that really was nice to see on our night dives.

Vis was 10 to 15 meters, more at depth. Lots of life to see, and some huge schools of squid now and then.

There was some excitement (see my air sharing thread in near misses) and another "soft" rescue I executed on a diver from another group who fell back into the waves with no fins and no reg in mouth...

hi jagfish,

sounds like you had good dives at Izu-ohshima.

i bet you enjoyed a hot spa on the island, too. you know, at HAMANOYU. which means a spa on the beach, you have a beautiful scenery of sunset on the open ocean and Mt. Miharayama erupting gas in a crisp autumn air. it was gorgeous, wasn't it?

ken chung ar

ken chung ar:
hi jagfish,

sounds like you had good dives at Izu-ohshima.

i bet you enjoyed a hot spa on the island, too. you know, at HAMANOYU. which means a spa on the beach, you have a beautiful scenery of sunset on the open ocean and Mt. Miharayama erupting gas in a crisp autumn air. it was gorgeous, wasn't it?

ken chung ar

Hi ken
Yeah, Oshima is awesome. It's such an uninhibited place to dive. It must be relatively RB friendly, I would think.

Didn't make it to the spa this time because we were all diving our butts off.

I do want to check out Hamanoyu, though.

Have you been there with your rig?

Jim

Sounds like a great time, Jag! Are you doing this to torture me or do you think we can get back out there together one of these days?

Just to pay you back, we are finalizing Cave 1 for June. Going once,...going twice...

Henryville:
Sounds like a great time, Jag! Are you doing this to torture me or do you think we can get back out there together one of these days?

Just to pay you back, we are finalizing Cave 1 for June. Going once,...going twice...

Yeah, love to get out there again...

Just can't do June on Cave...I'd lose my real job! Then how would aI pay for all my toys?

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom