Oriskany fatality?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba70

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've just heard a terrible rumor that someone surfaced after a dive on the
Oriskany this weekend and was sent to the hospital where he/she subsequently died. I haven't found any other info on this. Has anyone here heard about it?

DCS/AGE has been suspected, but nothing is known for sure.

You're right. It's suspected. It's suspected because they can't find any other reasonable explanation of this healthy man's death. My bad.

By the way, who's your source on "...nothing is known for sure."

My sources are the coroner, the USCG, and the Navy EDU that's doing the investigation on the rebreather. An MI has been indicated, but the cause has yet to be determined.

Who are your sources that can't find any other reasonable explanation?

My sources are the coroner, the USCG, and the Navy EDU that's doing the investigation on the rebreather. An MI has been indicated, but the cause has yet to be determined.

Who are your sources that can't find any other reasonable explanation?

By coroner, I think you mean medical examiner since we don't have a coroner in escambia county. My sources are pretty much the same as your's. And it looks like everything points to DCS. No MI indicated at all.

You have the last word...I'm done. For further, more specific information, feel free to pm me.

No one died on the Oriskany this weekend. There was a guy a few months back that did indeed die of DCS.

........Was only a matter of time, IMO----still, sad to hear about...................GEAUX TIGERS..............

To Oriskany Divemaster....I don't think the cause of death has ever been determined, if so, I'd like to know where you got your information. I was on the "Below H2O that day (August 19th) with the diver who died,, and would like to know the truth. Please don't speculate...
Hammer44

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom