oring exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody want to do an oring exchange? I am looking to trade for the following.

especially a few 2.2 x 1mm

I have the following viton orings

010 duro 90
017 duro 90
902 duro 75
011 duro 75 mil-spec

I also have some 316 Stainless steel shims for a mk10

Hell, the cost of O-rings is too small, especially for those sizes. Go to McMaster Carr. Their prices are as good as I can get in smaller packs.

McMaster-Carr

Dale

My orings came from McMaster Carr. I was thinking the price of a stamp and envelope would be cheaper. Want to trade anything? Im especially looking for a few 2.2 x 1mm.

I kinda like the idea of an o-ring exchange. Sometimes you come across a garage-sale aquisition that uses an oring size you didn't plan for when you made your huge stock-the-shelves oring order. (like the conshelf I just bought that I could use a -006 for)

It would be nice if there were a thread with posts offering and requesting various orings. That way if you are short just one or two of a given oring all you'd have to do is fire off a quick pm or email for a quick fix.

Thanks to everybody that traded. I got everything on my list. I still could use a couple more 2.2 x 1mm or if someone knows where to buy these let me know.

Keep your shirt on mate, :) I'll have some in the mail to you today. It looks like PAI's www.precisionassoc.com web site is under construction, so you can try calling them at: 1-800-394-6590

Their old part number for the 2.2mm i.d. X 1.0mm c.s. FKM (Viton) seals
was: 40-878706

Their part numbers are derived from the o-ring dimensions in inches plus the material code.

Couv

Last edited:
Thanks for the info,Orings usa wanted 350 dollars to custom make me 100 of these. I now have 4 g250 to rebuild so I am trying to get a stockpile. I sent your letter out today by the way.

Actually we should probably pool together parts and resources. Sort of keep it in the family. lol

Can't help you with exchange, but I get mine here locally O-Rings
As a walk in, no minimums (cash). I believe their cc min is $15. Very friendly and helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom