Original report of malware on the site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
When I open the UserCP I get stopped by chrome who says scubaboard is a known distributor of malware. The formum pages work fine though. Related to some add?

ScubaBoard is not known as a distributor of malware. We scan clean with all detection sites. Everyone receives UNIQUE ads from Google ads, as Google ads are based on your browsing history across the net.

If you return to the usercp, is the warning still there? I would doubt it.

Is it possible that Google has some malicious advertiser slip through the cracks for a very short period of time? Yeah, that's possible. Our endemic ads are all scuba related, and they come directly through me, so they are clean. So if it is an ad that is responsible, it would probably be caught by Google rather quickly, and remedied.

If you do see anything like this, capture the results, because it probably lists some other website??

Here's the results of our latest scan (2 hours ago)

malware.jpg

Same problem just now. I proceeded at my own risk :D

I have confirmed that Chrome (Google) has detected a False Positive (as the code shows no injection of malware) via some "stopbadware.org" service??

I have requested a review, and should have the warnings removed soon.

Me too - just now while browsing a thread.

Attachments

• Malware Ahead! - Google Chrome_2013-03-13_09-07-00.jpg
    Malware Ahead! - Google Chrome_2013-03-13_09-07-00.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 303
Me too....so I guess the capture is not required since you have found the false positive. Let us know when it is fixed up. Thanks

Me Three:

Malware detected message

I clicked on the oval ScubaBoard.com button and the "Forum Home" link and received the following:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network - ScubaBoard Home.
Content from ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network - ScubaBoard Home, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion

At this point, the errant messages are confirmed. There is no need for further reporting of a known issue.

I have submitted a removal request to google.

that's all I can do right now, as there is no malicious code detected.

The problem appears to be that a user put a link as part of a photo description. While the link is a safe link, the stopbadware.org detected the link as a photo description as malware.

The photo gallery also displays images on the forum home and in the user profile page (not the usercp)

In the meantime, I've disabled the photos from the homepage, and user profile, so the malware warnings should be gone at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom